Yeah... Mondays suck...

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Hello everyone.
It's been a pretty cool day today. I travelled down to the Gold Coast to catch up with a good friend whom I havn't seen for a while. (Tongue in cheek there, it's been like 3 days...) We had a good chat, and she helped me complete my research on the Hard Rock Cafe for The Lanterns to fact check for our song, Milkshake. I can confirm that a rock 'n' roll milkshake at the Hard Rock Cafe is Aus$7.60. In the interest of even handed reporting, I partook in the aforementioned delicacy, and really, I think it should be more of a $5 milkshake. It's good, but not $7.60 good...
Upon returning from my tour of duty Golden Coasty style, I had decided to see the double billing of Kill Bill volumne I and II at the Schonell Theatre. I called Jay to let him know that the double bill was on and I was going, and he was in. As we were about to go in to Vol I, Jane the English lass called Jay to let him know she was in Brisbane and lost in her Yellow Van with an Annex. So being the good gentlemen we are, we left the cinema and rescued her, then dragged her along to see Vol II. I enjoyed it greatly, although I thought it had turned into a bit of a chick's flick at the end...
And now friendly readers, I am at home, getting frustrated with the lack of information about the Progress of QotSA's new album. I mean come on guys! how long does it take to record an album?! If regurgitator can do it in 21 days whilst under 24hr camera supervision, why can't QotSA actually get an album out by the time they said they would?
I guess I should be content with listening to my copy of The Shins that Allan put me on to, but I can't get enthused by limp wristed Texas style country. I mean come on! The only country I can handle besides Tom T Hall, who is so cool he defies country, is Cake, and only because they are sooo white guy funk.
***Newsflash*** I just found out that Cake are working on a new album, Pressure Chief. Horray, for there can never be such a thing as too much white guy funk. Click on the Pressure Chief link to hear samples of their new songs. Awesome!
Anyway, it's getting late, And I should put in a half hour of study or something...
Lol, I can't even keep a straight face as I type that...

Catch y'all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home