Challenge Accepted!

Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006

As I was fretting in front of Peter's room wondering what to do with myself for the next hour before we have to leave for dinner at Wayne and Sharron's place, he turned to me with what I hope was mock exasperation and exclaimed:
"Why don't you write something in your blog about what you got up to today?"
Not being able to think of a sufficiently evasive answer, I accepted his challenge.
I was going to write about a journey to the land of the underpants gnomes, as is my want whenever I become imaginatively challenged for a creative writing exercise, I saw the news.
It may be a bit tasteless for me to mention it, and as we all know I am far from tasteless...

*Cue tumble weed rolling*

Aaron Spelling is dead! Finally the television rein of evil has come to an end. Sorry if I get a bit misty eyed here, but I thought I may never see the end of his serial evil. Plus who will feed and wash little Tori and Randi?
So I feel I must pay homage to my unwitting adversary in the plight against the mass dumbing down of a generation. May the Idiocy Indoctrination decline. Yeah, I know it's not much of a war chant.
How about "Today is a good day for Aaron Spelling to die!"?
No?
Probably not, a bit too soon...
*Pause for thought*
Yeah, I'll work on it and hopefully get back to you with a better one ;)
So, back to today.
Not a huge amount on today actually. My sister Jasmine was in town, so we hung out and chatted and stuff. We saw The Break Up. I enjoyed it.
Gotta say a few things about Vince Vaughn.
He gives me hope.
If he can be a heart throb, then I could just be the next Hollywood lothario. All I need is the ticket to LA.
So, we here at the Grim spot are starting a non-profit organization to raise funds for the fare so my gorgeousness can be shared with the movie viewing public of the world.
His character in the movie, Gary, was a complete dick, and frankly Jennifer Aniston's character, Brooke, was far better off without him.
Plus, he was kinda fat.
It was enjoyable in a watching a train wreck kind of way though, and it had the tear jerking moments going for it.
On the whole, probably not the best date movie out there, as the fights are a little bit too realistic.
As Ikey Solomon in The Potato Factory trilogy used to say:
"You've got to leave a bit of salt on the bread"
For the non-Bryce Courtney fans out there, that basically translates to; Always leave a little something for later.
Alright. I think I have fulfilled the quest handed down by Housemate Number One, so I think I'll get back to my garlic bread.
Cheers.

P.S. My "Too Hot to Handle" boxer shorts have indeed managed to make leave of the premises. Turns out, maybe those pesky underpants gnomes are on the loose again. Stranger things have happened, albeit rarely outside of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home